Designer Jewellery

Handmade silver jewellery, inspired by miniature worlds, nature and anything else that takes my fancy

Saturday 27 November 2010

bedazzling beads


I love beaded jewellery and I love figurative jewellery so I especially love it when the two are combined. I have so much admiration for the skill and patience involved. Here's a few that have caught my eye over the years...

firstly the flamingo bracelet... much more naive than my other choices but I just love the dangly legs. It's by an American lady called Linda, that's about all I know

The next is broken fab - I found this designer on the Kabiri website... and when I last went down to London I cashed in all my scrap silver and then sauntered over to Covent Garden to treat myself to one of these beauties. I love the colours, the tribal references and the boldness of it, I feel like a super hero when I wear it!

And then there is Clara Francis I first noticed her many years ago - maybe about 4 - I fell in love with her beaded hummingbird earrings, tried them on in a shop but alas I was too poor. My current favourite is the fox, I may have to drop a few hints for Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment